I Was Thinking... About Home Ownership

February 5, 2023 Episode 19 I was thinkink....About home ownership. Ever since I proposed to the most beautiful woman, I began dreaming about owning a home. We rented when we moved to Mississippi, then the Lord called us to full-time ministry and moved to Colorado Springs to go Nazarene Bible College (Which sadly is no longer there). After NBC we went to Kansas and RENTED as I was working on an M.Div. Then we began pastoring and either RENTED or lived in the church parsonage.
Then when I went into the Army we either RENTED or lived on base. The dream never died and I wanted to buy a house but we never pulled the trigger. It wasn’t until after I retired we were able to purchased a house. The process of owning a home was super painful….pages after pages after pages (and even the same pages again and again). What a happy day that was, because I was able to provide a home for my bride. Yes, we lived in many houses, but this is our home. What a happy day!!
The relief I felt when we finally walked through the doors of our home. It felt right, felt as though I was home! This is similar to the same feeling I had when Jesus came into life. I had a life, but I was not living. Living, I was freed from the bondage of sin. The emptiness that I tried to fill with superficial things was taken away because one Jesus could fill what was truly missing in my life. It reminds me of this scripture: John 4:16-18 “16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.” Your Friend in the Journey,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I was Thinking...About Criticism

I Was Thinking....About Feelings

I was thinking about....FREEDOM