I was Thinking...About Criticism

April 10, 2023 Episode 21 I was thinking about….criticism vs critiquing. I believe this is a fine line that people walk when events are going on and that people get these two things mixed up. I believe defining the two is vital in this personal discussion. to
critiquing: give an opinion or judgment about a piece or work, book, movie, etc criticism: the act of giving your opinion or judgment about the good or bad qualities of something or someone Hey guess what, these two things are very, very similar!! If not the same. The act of giving your opinion or judgement….. that is not a bad thing to do, especially when people ask for it. “Good or bad qualities” this is where things get sticky like fly paper.
We forget the good and only focus on the bad while we try to disguise it as good. I found a “simple definition of criticism” “the act of criticizing and especially of finding fault” that is rub for most people…. Finding fault. I’ve seen it where events have been done and people show up and begin to tell you all the things you have not done or how others have done it better. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not a diva and don’t mind criticism from those who participate in the event, however the person who sits back and watches from the sidelines, that when things start to rub me raw. I believe when we take criticism and focus on the good and improving something that is better than finding fault. This seems to be difficult for people these days because we are so bombarded with negative words and actions that it spills over when we are trying to be helpful. Criticize with positive words, wanting to help someone improve and be careful about your tone.. I can control my words but not my face!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Was Thinking....About Feelings

I was thinking about....FREEDOM