I Was Thinking...About Heaven and Hell

January 5, 2023

 

I was thinking….About HEAVEN & HELL!!  I heard a this quote on the radio….”The fact that there is a Highway to Hell and only a Stairway to Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers.” The other quote that goes along with this is, “The road to hell is paved with good intentions.”    This is very interesting because AC/DC wrote a song titled Highway to Hell and Led Zeppelin wrote Stairway to Heaven.  

 

As a pastor, it drives me crazy to hear, “Well, I know who Jesus is and I’m a good person.”  As if that is all it takes to go to heaven.  Even satan knows who Jesus is however, that does not make satan a disciple of Christ! It’s no wonder the secular rock group wrote a song (a song that is very popular) about the highway to hell.  Matthew 7:13-14 states 13 “Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. 14 For the gate is narrow and the way is constricted that leads to life, and there are few who find it.”

Our world has fallen to false prophets who proclaim to be followers of Jesus Christ; however, their message does not proclaim Christ and the way for true salvation.  If we continue on with v.15 in Matthew 7 it tells us to watch out for false prophets who will be ravenous wolves in sheep clothing.  Ravenous wolves…. what a great description because they are waiting and slowly pushing the other sheep astray and before you know it, you are alone and surrounded waiting to be devoured. 

It is no wonder the road to hell is so wide.  
 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I was Thinking...About Criticism

I was thinking about....FREEDOM

I Was Thinking....About Feelings