I Was Thinking....About Feelings

 January 13, 2023 Episode 17

 

I was thinking…About feelings.  Yes, I said feelings. 😊   I do have feelings!  I just have difficulty showing them.  Why is it it’s so easy to get our feelings hurt?  How do we over come getting hurt, angry, frustrated, Etc.?  I was thinking about this while I steam cleaned the carpets at the church and let me tell you that the carpets at the church really needed cleaned!!  What do you think of when you think of carpets?  It’s a place that you walk.  Things rest upon it?  It holds things (dirt, water, etc). It takes a beating!  




Compare that to feelings.  Don’t our feelings take a beating?  Can’t someone race through different emotions in a short amount of time???? When we engage with other people throughout our day we stack different emotions on top of each other just like a carpet collects the junk and crud that falls on it as well as the weight of other items resting heavily on it.  Don’t we do this?  Don’t we do this?  Allowing the junk of the day, week, month, year(s) continue to rest heavy on us and allowing the junk and crud to build up until we react to the wrong situation with the wrong feelings, words or action.

 

As I was steam cleaning the carpets, you could see the start of the crud and the stains being lifted out of the carpet and looking so much better.  Should this be what it’s like for us as well.  Colossians 3:12-14 tells us, 12and so, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience; 13 bearing with one another, and FORGIVING each other, whoever has a complaint against anyone, just as the Lord forgave you, so also should you. 14 And beyond all these things put on love, which is the perfect bond of unity.”

 

Why is that so difficult?  Throughout scripture we called to let go of the hurt and FORGIVE each other.  Why hold on to the crap and crud.  I cannot speak for anyone but myself, and I’ll admit that it can be difficult to let go of the crap and crud, however, having the more “POSITIVE” feelings, compassion, kindness, gentleness, love, joy, peace, grace. etc. are far better than holding on to the crap and crud and allow the weight of all that continue to build up on us when all we have to do is give it it God and God will steam clean us up so we are better and clean.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I was Thinking...About Criticism

I was thinking about....FREEDOM